just...for...today...

March 28, 2012

Facing feelings

Page 90

"We may fear that being in touch with our feelings will trigger an overwhelming chain reaction of pain and panic."

Basic Text, p. 30

While we were using, many of us were unable or unwilling to feel many emotions. If we were happy, we used to make us happier. If we were angry or depressed, we used to mask those feelings. In continuing this pattern throughout our active addiction, we became so emotionally confused that we weren't sure what normal emotions were anymore.

After being in recovery for some time, we find that the emotions we had suppressed suddenly begin to surface. We may find that we do not know how to identify our feelings. What we may be feeling as rage may only be frustration. What we perceive as suicidal depression may simply be sadness. These are the times when we need to seek the assistance of our sponsor or other members of NA. Going to a meeting and talking about what is happening in our lives can help us to face our feelings instead of running from them in fear.

Just for Today: I will not run from the uncomfortable emotions I may experience. I will use the support of my friends in recovery to help me face my emotions.

Copyright (c) 2012, NA World Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Monday, December 1, 2008

Wagon Wheel (for Kin)

I had so much fun hanging out with the family over Thanksgiving. It was really hard not having Kin, Kristi, Kendall, and J there though. We missed them so much!!!! We played lots of cards, ate lots of food and watched lots of Christmas movies. I was still trying to recover from my wisdom tooth so it was really nice being able to relax and enjoy the time off. Here is a little video of everyone missing Kin singing Wagon Wheel. Sorry I know we are not the best singers around. During Dad's thankfuls he mentioned how he can't hear this damn song without crying because he misses Kin so much.  And we all agreed that this song makes us think of Kin more than than any other song. Kin I can't wait to see your beautiful face and we are all counting down the days til you get home...( nineteen and counting) 


I also would like to take a minute to share all the things that I am thankful for....
Ryan who is the most amazing person I have ever met. He makes me happier than I ever imagined I could be. I feel so honored to say that he is the father of my growing baby inside me. He has stood by me and helped me through every stomach ache every head ache and every crazy mood and I am so thankful that I have him. I love him so o o o o o much!!!!
My family...They have been so supportive and I love them all so much!!!!! My family is the glue that holds my life together. They all hold such an important part in my life and I am so grateful to be surrounded by such wonderful, strong, caring people.
My friends for always checking up on me and making sure that I'm okay....
Heather and Jon because they are so amazing to me. They have done so much for me and I don't know where I would be today without their love and support.
Kendall and Pax because they bring so much happiness to me every single day, they make everything so much better in my life!
And last but not least...My baby girl. . . I can't wait to see her and hold her. I have never been so excited about anything in my entire life. As each day passes I get more and more excited and anxious. I thank God everyday for sending me this angel. She has saved my life in so many ways. We have our big ultrasound today ( the one where they check to make sure everything is okay )and I can't wait to see her in just a couple hours!!!

I know long post...Sorry I have a lot to be thankful for !
Here are a few pictures from our week at the cabin....

Photobucket
Photobucket
I love this picture of Kands and Dad working out...Classic ( they were so mad I was snapping pictures of them)
Photobucket
Okay I know I look terrifying but I was really really sick...And this was my favorite thing I got to do that the cabin. Nap with baby Pax!
Photobucket
Beautiful mommy!
Photobucket
Cutie Pie!Photobucket
Oh how I love my smellian
Photobucket
Tummy Time!
Photobucket
Me looking a little better drinking some Apple Cider...Yummy
Photobucket
Love Birds
Photobucket
Muah!!!
Photobucket
What a weirdo!
Photobucket

No comments: