just...for...today...

March 28, 2012

Facing feelings

Page 90

"We may fear that being in touch with our feelings will trigger an overwhelming chain reaction of pain and panic."

Basic Text, p. 30

While we were using, many of us were unable or unwilling to feel many emotions. If we were happy, we used to make us happier. If we were angry or depressed, we used to mask those feelings. In continuing this pattern throughout our active addiction, we became so emotionally confused that we weren't sure what normal emotions were anymore.

After being in recovery for some time, we find that the emotions we had suppressed suddenly begin to surface. We may find that we do not know how to identify our feelings. What we may be feeling as rage may only be frustration. What we perceive as suicidal depression may simply be sadness. These are the times when we need to seek the assistance of our sponsor or other members of NA. Going to a meeting and talking about what is happening in our lives can help us to face our feelings instead of running from them in fear.

Just for Today: I will not run from the uncomfortable emotions I may experience. I will use the support of my friends in recovery to help me face my emotions.

Copyright (c) 2012, NA World Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Holy Cow!

Gwamma, Gwampa, Ryan and I took Kendall to the fair on Saturday. It wasn't quite like I remembered it when I was little. I'm guessing this is because when your little you don't pay close attention to the people that surround you. Your more worried about if your going to get to go down the huge slide or if mom is going to buy you a caramel apple. This is one thing I miss greatly  about being a kid. Sometimes I wish I could go back to this way of thinking, but of course it's not possible. As we grow older and wiser (well some of us ) we become more aware of our  surroundings and the people that surround us. The fair is most definitely the ultimate place to people watch. Man was is scary!!!!!

Photobucket
Is this considered animal abuse?  This cow weighed nearly 3,000 pounds!!!

Photobucket

I love that she is never scared of anything. She walked up to all the animals and lightly (sort of) padded them on the head

1 comment:

Elian.R said...

oooh my... that is really a big cow. haha !