just...for...today...

March 28, 2012

Facing feelings

Page 90

"We may fear that being in touch with our feelings will trigger an overwhelming chain reaction of pain and panic."

Basic Text, p. 30

While we were using, many of us were unable or unwilling to feel many emotions. If we were happy, we used to make us happier. If we were angry or depressed, we used to mask those feelings. In continuing this pattern throughout our active addiction, we became so emotionally confused that we weren't sure what normal emotions were anymore.

After being in recovery for some time, we find that the emotions we had suppressed suddenly begin to surface. We may find that we do not know how to identify our feelings. What we may be feeling as rage may only be frustration. What we perceive as suicidal depression may simply be sadness. These are the times when we need to seek the assistance of our sponsor or other members of NA. Going to a meeting and talking about what is happening in our lives can help us to face our feelings instead of running from them in fear.

Just for Today: I will not run from the uncomfortable emotions I may experience. I will use the support of my friends in recovery to help me face my emotions.

Copyright (c) 2012, NA World Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm Sorry

Kands
I'm Sorry....
I'm
sorry your in pain...
I know your
scared....Please let me be here for you...
Tell me what I can do.... you are so
strong... you are so beautiful...
I am so
proud of you....I love you so much....
I am so sorry your in pain...

I love you both so much! thank you for bringing so much happiness to our family. and thank you for giving me another baby in my life :)



Photobucket

4 comments:

KrisFlower said...

Im sorry your in pain too....I think Pax wants out, he better stay in for at least one more week...Cute photo from Jack Johnson....

Love You
Kristi

Elian.R said...

Katey this picture of kands and regs is way cute!
...
Im sorry for your pain too kands I hope you feel better. We love you so so so so so so so so MUCH!

Jennifer J Kendall said...

Kands,

I can't wait to hold our little prince. I am sorry you are going through this hard time and I can't be there to hold your hand. I love you all so much.

Love,

Kindra :)

Kands said...

Thank You so much everyone it means the world to me! Kate your blog is so damn cute and I appreciate the love and support. I could not do this without you guys thank you so much I love you with everything I am! Love, Kands and Pax